Lathe machiningis a part of mechanical processing, and there are two main processing forms: one is to fix the turning tool to process the unformed workpiece during rotation; the other is to fix the workpiece, and through the high-speed rotation of the workpiece, the turning tool（tool holder) horizontal and vertical movement for precision machining.
Introduction to Lathe machining
On the lathe ,drills, reamers,reamers, taps, dies and knurling tools can also be used for corresponding processing. Lathes are mainly used to process shafts, discs, sleeves and other workpieces with revolving surfaces, and are the most widely used type of machine tool inmachinery manufacturingand repair factories.
Lathe machining materials
.materials thatare usually processed by lathes HYPERLINK are free-cutting steel and copper. Free-cutting steels contain high levels of sulfur S and phosphorus P. Sulfur and manganese exist in the form of manganese sulfide in steel, and are commonly used in modern lathes. Using aluminum alloy materials, the density of aluminum alloy materials is greatly reduced compared to the density of iron and steel materials, and the lathe processing difficulty is low, the plasticity is strong, the product weight is greatly reduced, and the time for lathe processing parts is greatly reduced. What's more, the cost reduction has made aluminum alloy the darling of the aviation accessories field.
Lathe machining technology
1, lathe machining is easy to ensure the accuracy of each processing surface of the workpiece; processing, the workpiece rotates around a fixed axis, each surface has the same axis of rotation, so it is easy to ensure the coaxiality between the processing surface requirements;
2. Lathe machining is relatively stable; except for the interrupted surface, the lathe machining process is generally continuous, unlike milling and planing, in the process of one pass, the cutter teeth are cut in and out many times, resulting in shock;
3. Lathe machining is suitable for the finishing of non-ferrous metal parts; for some non-ferrous metal parts, due to the low hardness and good plasticity of the material itself, it is difficult to obtain a smooth surface by other processing methods;
4. Lathe machining tool is simple; the turning tool is the simplest kind of tool, and it is very convenient to manufacture, sharpen and install, which makes it easy to select a reasonable angle according to specific processing requirements.
Lathe Machining Rules
1. Conscientiously implement the relevant provisions of the "General Operating Regulations for Metal Cutting Machine Tools".
2. Conscientiously implement the following general provisions on lathes:
①. When aligning the workpiece, it is only allowed to move the chuck with the hand plate or the lowest speed for alignment, and high-speed alignment is not allowed.
② When changing the rotation direction of the spindle, stop the spindle first, and do not change the rotation direction suddenly.
③When loading and unloading the chuck, only turn the V-belt by hand to drive the spindle to rotate, and it is absolutely forbidden to directly start the machine tool to force loosening or tightening. At the same time, put a wooden board on the bed to prevent accidents.
④When loading and unloading the chuck, only turn the V-belt by hand to drive the spindle to rotate, and it is absolutely forbidden to directly start the machine tool to force loosening or tightening. At the same time, put a wooden board on the bed to prevent accidents.
⑤ It is not allowed to drive the reverse car to brake the rotation of the main shaft during work.
3. Conscientiously implement the following special regulations on some special lathes:
（1）return wheel hexagonal lathe :：
①. Bars with curved and rough surfaces are not allowed to be processed.
②. When loading the material, the material head must be aligned with the chuck hole, and lightly tapped, and no random knocking is allowed
（2）Program-controlled transfer to a lathe:
Pre-selection of items such as the spindle speed of the step program, the feed of the tool post, the movement path of the tool post and the continuous offside is carried out according to the process requirements. Put the electric knob to the "adjustment" position for test run. After confirming that there is no problem, put the electric knob to the automatic or semi-automatic position for work.